Thursday, July 07, 2005

Life Is Not Fair!!!

No, it is most certainly not fair.

I think most of us learn this by the time we are 4 or 5 years old. However, here I am 30 years later, and I have come to 2 far more important realizations. (If you are not a born again Christian they will most certainly seem as foolish as can be to you, but, here they are for all to see.)

1. I now know why life is not fair.

Life is not fair because this world, and every life & living thing in it are tainted by sin.

2. I also now know that while unfair, it is not as bad as it could be.

I, as a sinner, deserve nothing less than an eternity separated from God. An eternity suffering in hell, after dying on a cross to pay for my sins. However my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, paid that price for me, and not just for me, but for you also. There has never been any person on this Earth, who if they had been the only sinner, Jesus would not have still come and paid the price for them alone. Yet the perfection of God's love was such that He, as Jesus Christ, was able to pay the price for all, in His one perfect sacrifice.

Now if we all, as sinners, deserve the death of the cross and eternal separation from God, served in hell, then is it really so bad when...
  • The person in front of you in the '12 items or less' isle has 13 items
  • You spill sauce on your favorite new shirt or dress
  • You get bad service at a store or restaurant
  • Someone takes the credit for your ideas or work
  • You are falsely accused of something, even if you are punished
  • A loved one is sick or even passes away
  • If you are sick, perhaps even terminally so
Fair, no none of these things is fair, nor are they deserved. However, when you compare them to the things we all deserve, then it is immediately apparent how skewed our perspective is when we focus on the 'unfair' thing that happen.

In fact, (and mind you if you are not yet a Christian this will not make sense), you may start to realize the reality of, 'giving thanks in all things', for even in the most unfair of circumstances... Are you hanging on a cross? Are you spending eternity in hell? (I know some jobs may seem close.)

If you think I am a nut, and don't get any of this, thanks for continuing to read this far.
Please Click Here: http://www.activeword.org/best-decision.cfm
(And by the way you are right about that whole 'nut' thing.)

If you are a Christian and disagree please dig deep into the scriptures and let me know why.

If you are a Christian and do agree, then please let me know, or pass this information to others. I know that when I remember these things, I am a better witness.

No comments: